Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Place and Yours: Come into my house...

Hello, you've probably visited lots of homes today from Pip's meme so thanks for stopping by our humble abode in Adelaide. We bought it in July this year and love it to pieces! I didn't know the love you can have for 'your own place'. Thanks Femme De Montmartre for deciding the theme.
.
Welcome! Can I get you a cuppa? Oh dear, no sorry .... actually we don't have any milk - it went off with this gross heat - black tea? :P

I wish we could teleport back to the days where my mail would POP through the front door. Or is that just lazy?

My apologies to those of you who have seen this shelf before :)

Here we have a $2 garage sale chair with some thrifted knitted blankets and my own tiny crochet one (my patience for bigger blankets is slooooowly improving). Also there is the $30 shell Singer sewing storage box (its empty except for uhh the GLAD rubbish bag roll stored in the bobbin section lol). Now there's a great storage solution.

Lastly my beloved matryoshka dolls from Berlin (how random) and the Boy's softie birthday gift Mr. Sanchez. My DIY picture frame whiteboard above holds some secret squirrel plans for the Fringe Knitting Nancy exhibition in 2010. It seems as though someone has drawn some obscenities too - will they ever grow out of bum-fart pictures (secretly I hope not hehe)?!

Then this cute opped embroidered table doo-dad. It's sweet and makes me smile each time I walk by :)

Thank you for stopping by xX

16 comments:

  1. *sigh*

    I am ever so jealous of your neat, tidy & gorgeous home!!

    I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove your hallway. Really. I just adore it.

    We don't even HAVE a hallway! (Yet - it is on the very top of my house hunting list...!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all :) And love your new pool in yesterdays post

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely space! I like the crochet blankets and matryoshka dolls:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so warm & welcoming..we share a love of similar knick knacks..thanks for inviting us in :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bew-di-ful - thanks heaps for the peek inside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely space! I love how in the few short months you've had your house you've completely made it your own. I love the secret drawings so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are lucky enough to have a home in our historical district in our tiny little town and our mail does pop through our front door.. or more accurately through a hideous little mail slot to the left of the door. And that LOVELY mail holder I bought to cover it... two years ago? Still sitting in the mud room waiting for my hubby to put it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandma used to have a the mail slot at her home too. I miss that and wish I had one. I LOVE mail, even though it's normally just junk...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes! Love the crocheted things! Love the matryoshkas! Love the doll! Love the mail box! Love the doyley table thingy! Love love love! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this post, what a lovely hallway and house you have. And the things you have tell a real story of you and your family, the toy, blankets & doily. I remember our mail dropping throught the front door too, seems a long time ago! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I had a long hallway like yours!!! Your house looks much loved and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! your matryoshkas are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hallway, so tidy and filled with lovely things! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a loverly home full of craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm up for a cuppa any time - and i dont need milk - all lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh it was such a pleasure to drop by! you must've known i was coming, i drink my tea black. the colour of your carpet is absolutely gorgeous, it had me from 'hello'! thanks for playing, it was lovely visiting.

    ReplyDelete