Sunday, January 3, 2010

new canisters!

Today I am happy to share a Christmas gift from Oma. She gave me her beautiful canisters from when she moved to Australia in the 60s from Holland. I really do LOVE them and all their retro/art deco glory. I especially love that they came at a time where we were stupendously bored with our ceramic canisters. Out with the old... and in with the older... hmm?!
This morning I put them in direct sunlight for 3 hours to bleach the plastic as they were slightly yellowing in areas. They are better but not super white. Oh well - adds a twinkle of character me thinks.I got excited at Spotlight last week when I noticed this lovely pattern on a Queen size sheet set. Even more excited when it priced at $16.95?!?!?!?! Bargain. I like.

4 comments:

  1. The canisters look fab in your kitchen, what a great gift! Love that fabric, what will you make with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have veeeeeeeeeery similar canisters - 'cept mine are different colours on the lids at the front & a coupld of the letters are coming off... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the canisters. Excellent pressie. And the sheets are really cool, and the price incredible. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sheets!! Spotlight can be ok, sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete