Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thrifted finds

After visiting a good friend today I found myself with an hour to myself before shops would close. What to do? What to do? Silly question - go op shopping! I didn't travel too far and found this vintage dress for what I thought was a decent $15... but all clothing was 1/2 price - $7.50!!! (I think I may have skipped to my car, smiling from ear to ear clutching my dress tightly)

Do you always look at the dresses in the retro section? I always do. But they never fit me, let alone sit within my price range. I added my own blue polka-dot belt. I think we are going to be good friends. Now just where to wear it...? It doesn't help that I am a bit of a social recluse does it .. hmmmm :P

These two pale green canisters were begging to go home with me too for $3.99 ea. I have lots of canisters already, but I could not resist them. There is something sweet about kitchen crockery with a crisp white stripe or two isn't there?
:
Happy days ♥

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - that dress is stunning. You look like you should be on your way to high tea at a posh hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks AMAZING!!! ...and $7.50? Bargain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is unbelievable!!! looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete