Monday, August 30, 2010

Happenings


I have finished illustrating a new girl with a rather funky hair style if I do say so myself. I do wish I had straight hair sometimes...


It is possible that I've borrowed every knitting book from the local library yesterday in an attempt to understand knitting better, learn some tips and stitches. So far I have dabbled in knit, purl, rib and feel more comfortable with my needle grasp and tension (Thank you Melissa, you're very patient). To finish the practice strip above I sewed it into a tube (checking to see if it fit my head circ.) then knit the top up. Viola - an atrocious beanie! Despite its serious crappyness I was so impressed with that I wore it all evening. Next? Something which involves a simple pattern. eek


THEY'RE HERE!!! My favourite flower is beginning to bloom. Just one white one so far, a red one is on its way. I am enjoying the grow-flowers-from-bulbs experience so much more than I could ever have imagined.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment